Many years ago, basket bridal showers were all the rage! What’s a basket bridal shower all you young, hip and modern brides say? It’s a type of shower where every gift (or gifts) is presented in a basket, other type of container, or bowl. Each “basket” is based around a particular function or theme i.e. kitchen, bath or handiwork.
A basket bridal shower is perfect for the bride who’s been living on her own or with her fiancé and has most of the necessary or common registry items, but could use a little filling in or extras. It’s also perfect for the bride and groom who really don’t have anything at all. And best of all, it’s great fun for the guests to put together! No, really, once you see the ideas we came up with below, think of all the fun add-on possibilities. The list could be endless! And better still, you don’t have to do a basket all on your own. You can, but you can also go in on one with your mom, or with your cousins, or neighbor Mandy, or all of your co-workers from Accounting. I can’t even begin to tell you how much fun we had putting these baskets together online! Maybe we’ll bring the rage back again? Who knows! But this sure was fun and we hope you get inspiration from it too! :)
If your bridal couple loves to cook and especially loves Italian food, then this bowl and colander could be used to hold all the makings of great pasta, along with the tools to create an amazing dish. Buon Appetito!
1. Oil Drizzler
2. Olive Oil
3. Pasta Bowl
5. Pasta Spoon
6. Garlic Press – I use this one from Pampered Chef all the time.
7. Pasta Sauce
We all hate to admit it (or maybe we don’t), but we all love to be couch potatoes. Go on, let the newlyweds embrace it, just make sure they look good doing it too.
1. Large Basket
2. Popcorn Seasoning
4. iTunes Gift Cards – To put their Apple TV to good use.
5. Cozy Throw – For snuggling ;)
6. Popcorn Bowls – The little bowls at the bottom say: more popcorn please.
7. Apple TV
For the couple that loves to spend a lot of time outdoors, this is the perfect gift for their first barbecue. P.S. That picnic basket looking thing is also a cooler, and it COLLAPSES too!
Laundry. Everyone’s got to do it sometime. You know, or go naked everywhere. But I think you’d get arrested for that in some states.
2. Dryer Sheets
3. Detergent – Oh, how we LOVE the smell of Gain!!!!
4. Zout – For the BBQ stains on his shirt.
6. Tide To Go Stain Pens – For those on-the-go oopsies!
7. Grundtal Drying Rack – IKEA!!!!!
Now, you’re going to whip up something sinful and delicious that you’ve pinned from your “Must Bake NOW” board, right? Right. Go! ;)
3. Mixing Bowls – You must have and/or gift these to everyone you know. They last FOREVER.
4. Pot Holders
5. Barefoot Contessa Cupcake Mix – To.Die.For.
6. Baking Cups
We also fondly refer to this Handy Woman Basket as the “Honey, I Can Do It Myself” Basket. GIRLS RULE! And you know, boys drool.
1. PINK Measuring Tape – Remember: measure twice and cut once.
2. PINK Safety Glasses – Safety first, ladies! Got to protect those peepers!
3. Over the Door Shoe Organizer – No, not for shoes. For your practically perfect, and perfectly pink tools!
4. Goo Gone – For all the sticky, unnamed gunk you’re sure to come across.
6. PINK Duct Tape – Because it’s cool. And can be used to repair anything. Men SWEAR by it. So you should too.
8. Sandpaper – You’ll need it. For something. I don’t know what. But something always comes up.
9. Command Strips – The Handy Woman’s BEST friend. Also mine.
10. PINK Utility Knife – If the bride is anything like me, you might want to consider adding bandaids to this basket…
You may be wondering how to coordinate a basket shower. It’s actually pretty easy and much like a regular wedding registry. Included with each guest’s invitation is a detailed list of “baskets” by theme or function that the bride needs. When guests RSVP, they will then advise the hostess which basket they have chosen thus avoiding duplicates. Pretty simple and straight forward. And if you and a bunch of friends are chipping in for an amazing basket, go shopping together and make it a fun, girl’s night out! Margaritas, anyone?
So, did you love going shopping with us? We had a blast! Do you have a favorite basket? What other baskets could you come up with? We came up with more than a dozen just writing this post!
Make it a great weekend!