Last Updated on June 13, 2016
Good morning and happy Monday to you! We’re back in the #hlaoffice today after two weeks away and it feels great to be here. As much as we love the relaxed flexibility of vacation, we thrive on the workweek routines we have here at home. And since we’re big believers in morning routines that leave you feeling fabulous, we wanted to give a little shout out to one of our favorite summer routine pick-me-ups!
This tropical breakfast smoothie is like sunshine in a cup, you guys! Honestly, if I could scoop up or bottle rays of sunshine, they would look and taste just like this smoothie! ☀️
It’s so easy and delicious, and takes just 10 minutes to make! That means it’s the perfect breakfast or lunch for the female entrepreneur!
Yes, even you can take 10 minutes to make something that is healthy and tastes good to start your day off on the right foot!
It’s like the new Justin Timberlake song says, “I got that sunshine in my pocket, got that good soul in my feet.”
While I don’t recommend pouring this smoothie in your pocket (use a glass or pretty tumbler, yo!), it will put a smile on your face and a little pep in your step. Guaranteed!
Especially if you crank up the JT and have a little dance party while you’re making it. No, but really, it’ll make the smoothie that much better. Promise! 😉
- 1 fresh orange - peeled and chopped
- 1 thumb size piece of fresh ginger - peeled and chopped
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango chunks
- 1 11oz container coconut milk - we love the So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk (found at Whole Foods in the International Foods aisle)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 heaping tablespoons honey
- 3-5 ice cubes (optional)
- Place all ingredients in blender. (At least one of the fruits, like the mango chunks, should be frozen. If you only have fresh fruit, you will need the ice to help thicken and chill your smoothie.)
- Blend on high for 20 seconds, or until there aren't any lumps.
- Add more frozen fruit or ice to thicken the smoothie if needed.
- Blend again on high for 20 seconds.
- Pour contents into glasses.
- Sip and enjoy!
- This recipe will serve approximately four 8oz glasses.