Have you ever been out shopping and all of a sudden, boom, a really fun, unique shop catches your eye? Like maybe … a specialty food shop that offers taste testing? Yummmm, my favorite! How about one with all kinds of flavored olive oils and balsamic vinegars? (If you’ve never been in one, you simply must go!) Our latest little find, and new favorite foodie shop, is O’live A Little! (Oh live a Little? Cute, right? I thought so.) They had a grand opening a few weeks ago, and we happened to be there to taste some wonderful new olive oils and balsamic vinegars. One thing they were serving was this fabulous white peach balsamic punch – wait, what?!?
Balsamic…? As in vinegar!? No way!! Oh, yes, way!
It was… positively delicious! So refreshing, light, and yummy! We were gobsmacked!! I had to have the recipe! They had run out of the recipe cards, but I called the store the following week and asked for it. The gal gave me the recipe for a party, but I portioned it down to a more manageable size since, well, we weren’t having a party, we just wanted some. But you can bet that this white peach balsamic punch will be making an appearance the next time I do throw a party!
Punches are so easy to make – just dump, chill, and pour! Get yourself one of those pretty drink dispensers, and you’ve got yourself the makings of a fantastic party!
But punches aren’t just for parties anymore. Make some up in a pitcher, or pour some into pretty bottles for a girls-only lunch, dinner on the patio, or to have in the fridge for a pick-me-up in the afternoon! It’s great to have on hand for those hot summer days!
Wanna jazz it up? Add a splash of Prosecco! Oh, yeah! It’s five o’clock somewhere, right?
This would even make a great signature cocktail at a summer wedding! Make it both with alcohol and without! Serve chilled in pretty bottles right on the tables or in giant drink dispensers. Don’t forget the mason jars that can double as your favors!! 😉
Important Things to Note:
- The balsamic vinegar you use MUST BE WHITE. I know what you’re thinking, “But balsamic vinegar is dark…” And you’d be right. But this particular one is white. (Many of the fruity balsamic vinegars are actually.) If you have trouble locating some in your local grocery store, get thee to an olive oil store or search some out online. I promise you won’t be disappointed with what you find!!
- This punch MUST be served COLD or CHILLED. It loses some of it’s refreshing, light, and yummy qualities if it gets warm. It’s not bad, it’s just better served cold.
So, are you ready to try something new? Just don’t tell anybody that there’s balsamic vinegar in it… It will be our little secret, okay? Unless, of course, you pin it, and it goes viral (or something like that). Then feel free to tell everyone and their mama’s uncle about it! 😉
- 3 small cans of pineapple juice (6 ounces each)
- 2 cans of ginger ale (12 ounces each)
- 1 cup lime juice (bottled)
- 1 can lemon-lime seltzer (12 ounces)
- ½ cup white peach balsamic vinegar (must be white balsamic vinegar)
- Mint leaves, blueberries, sliced peaches or nectarines for garnish
- Pour all juices and sodas into a large pitcher.
- Stir and place in refrigerator to chill for a few hours.
- Pour over ice and serve with mint leaves, blueberries, sliced peaches or nectarines.
1 Large can of pineapple juice
2 Liters of ginger ale
1 Can of frozen limeade, thawed
1 Liter of seltzer water - your choice (mango, lime, orange, etc)
1 cup of white peach balsamic vinegar