TGIF! It’s been a crazy week, y’all! (I’m practicing my y’all so it sounds legit when I get to Austin next week!) And I’m ready to kick back with a margarita! Or two… 😉
I’ve actually been dreaming about sipping on a margarita all week! So on Wednesday I went looking for our spicy key lime margarita recipe here on the blog to make sure I had everything I needed to make one. Only to find out we hadn’t posted it yet!
Friends, I have to apologize! We’ve been unintentionally holding out on you. Because this spicy key lime margarita is LEGIT!!!
It’s the smoothest margarita I’ve probably ever had. It’s equal parts tart and sweet from the key lime juice + maple syrup + orange juice. And the spice is from my newest favorite vegetable: a jalapeño!!
It’s also the easiest mixed drink you will ever make! And since I believe every boss lady and twenty-something should know how to make at least one mixed drink really well; why not make this one and see how EASY and DELICIOUS it is for yourself!?
It’s so easy that as long as you have the ingredients handy and ten minutes free, you could make this margarita any day of the (work)week!
So, whether you’re celebrating a stupendous accomplishment, the end of a grueling workweek, Cinco de Mayo (next week!), or rewarding yourself for a job well done—will work for margaritas, anyone!? Especially this one! 😉
But first… We need your help with a little debate! Mom thinks the key is the sweetness from the orange juice and maple syrup. But *I* think the key is the jalapeño. It gives it the right amount of kick that really makes this margarita something special! Will you please make this recipe and let us know what you think!?
- 2 ounces tequila - we prefer top shelf!
- 2 ounces key lime juice - not regular lime, key lime!
- 2 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice - yum!
- 2 ounces maple syrup - the secret ingredient!
- Thinly sliced jalapeño (including the seeds) - this is the "kick" that makes this margarita extra special!
- Salt (optional) - for the rim!
- Ice - can be crushed or cubed!
- Limes (cut into wedges) - for garnish!
- Sprinkle salt onto a large plate.
- Rub the rims of your margarita glasses with either tequila or key lime juice. (For an extra kick, rub the sliced jalapeño around the rim!)
- Then dip the glasses into the salt and set aside.
- Measure and mix the tequila, key lime juice, fresh squeezed orange juice, and maple syrup in a mason jar or measuring cup.
- Thinly slice the jalapeño (seeds included).
- Wash your hands IMMEDIATELY after slicing. You do NOT want to rub your eyes after you've handled a jalapeño. If you happen to rub your eyes, flush them immediately with cold water until the burn passes. (Note: Swearing may occur if this happens!)
- Pour the drink mixture over ice and garnish with a small wedge of lime.
- ENJOY!! 😊
Special thank you to Natalie Franke Photography for taking these photos!
P.S. Like Key Lime? Try our Easy No Bake Key Lime Pie!